Mission – Why Does The Youth Committee Exist?
The NIWB Youth exists to facilitate or ensure youth employment services in the community through strategic leadership collaboration with employers and public-private partnerships.
What Is The Focus Of The Youth Committee?
To provide opportunities for employment, training and education to promote successful outcomes for youth.
What Is The Purpose Of The Youth Committee?
To assist the Northern Indiana Workforce Board in:
- Developing and recommending local youth employment and training policy
- Championing the youth employment and training focus in the community
- Taking into account a range of issues that can have an impact on the success of youth in the labor market
What Are The Strategic Objectives Of The Youth Committee?
- Ensure youth are positioned for continuous education, learning, and workforce success
o Summer Youth Employment Initiative
- Align education with the necessary business skills (i.e. specific technical skills, soft skills)
o Employer Expectations
- Help youth understand the skills needed to be successful in the workforce
2017 - 2018 Youth Committee Meeting Dates
All meetings are held at the St. Joseph County WorkOne Office in South Bend 851 S. Marietta Street (Monroe Industrial Park), South Bend, IN 46601
- September 12, 2017
- November 7, 2017
- January 9, 2018
- March 6, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- July 10, 2018
Want More Information?
If you'd like more information or have any questions, please contact:
Krystal Levi, Vice President of Operations KLevi@gotoworkone.com